Please help the Parkour Wiki expand this page, then remove the
Palm spin is a movement in freerunning similar to a Wall Spin. The traceur executes the same technique as a Wall Spin, but instead of being vertical during the flip, he/she is horizontally spinning.
- Find a railing or retaining wall to spin on that's about waist height.
- Approach the obstacle with a few short, controlled steps.
- Reach out to the obstacle with both hands. Rotate your left hand outward so it's pointing toward the ground. Post your right hand next to your left in a normal position.
- Hop from the ground, tuck your legs and spin around your hands to the left.
- Push off of the obstacle with your right hand and allow your rotational momentum to carry you around your left.
- Note: Reverse directions to perform to opposite side.