The Pop up Vault or Wall Pop is a vault used to get over small ledges. It is similar to a wall run, but without the need for a climb up. It is useful for getting over obstacles too high for most vaults while continuing forward momentum.
Technique[edit | edit source]
- Run towards the wall with strides a little longer than usual but not too long, not too slow nor too fast.
- When near the wall, take a small jump and plant the balls of your feet slightly higher than hip level. Lean back.
- Bend the knee of the leg that is on the wall, and push off with the other leg. Bring your chest close to the wall, and at the same time push off with the leg that is on the wall.
- Once you begin to kick off the wall, bring your other knee up towards your body, increasing your centre of gravity and thus transforming your momentum up the wall. Reach upwards. If preformed correctly, it should transfer your horizontal momentum into vertical momentum.
- Using the momentum of the pop vault, pull yourself over the top of the ledge, place one foot on it and continue running.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.