Side Vault, or the two-handed vault, is a vault useful for beginners, those of low strength and times when there is little momentum. Often the next vault learned after the Safety Vault. This move can be modified by using one hand, making it the one-handed vault. These vaults are commonly used from heights ranging from the waist to the chest.
Technique[edit | edit source]
- Run up to obstacle
- Place both hands on the obstacle
- Jump over the obstacle with the legs to one side
- Release the arm that is closest to the legs
- Then come down and release the other hand
- Run out or move smoothly from the obstacle
- Note: If the Traceur or Traceuse doesn't release the first hand it will end up sideways, which may have a critical impact on the flow of the movement.